Give your school group an unforgettable learning experience. You will find our curriculum-based Education Programme is flexible, interactive and lots of fun!
Encounter an exotic world of butterflies and birds, mammals and minibeasts, reptiles and rodents, all brought up-close by our team of inspiring, knowledgeable guides. With new animals arriving every week, there’s always something new to see. Presentations and hands-on activities are delivered to groups from pre-school to GSCE pupils.
Our excellent educational facilities can accommodate up to 150 school children every day while the Education Centre provides a perfect multi-purpose base for school visits and includes a large, separate toilet block.
Choose from a range of packages according to your group’s age and area of interest and then tailor your visit with a range of themed talks from the centre’s qualified experts.
Please note: A deposit of £30 is required to secure your booking and any outstanding balance must be paid in full on the day of your visit.
|What’s included?||Centre Visit||One Guided Session||Choice of two Guided Sessions|
|Children||£5.75 per child||£6.00 per child||£6.25 per child|
|Adults||1 adult free per 2 children, additional adults £7.50 each||1 adult free per 4 children, additional adults £7.50 each||1 adult free per 6 children, additional adults £7.50 each|
Choose Your Session…
All sessions last 30-45 minutes
1. Minibeasts – All things great and small
2. Feather, Fur and Scales – The ideal animal classification talk
3. Tropical Habitats and Adaptations – Explore the Butterfly Jungle
4. Native Habitats and Conservation – Venture down the nature trail
5. Raptors Galore – Owls, Hawks, Vultures and Falcons
6. Animal Senses – Sight, sound, smell and taste
7. Life on a Farm – Where does your food come from?
8. Lifecycles – Caterpillars to butterflies
Please view, download and print all the information/documents you need here:
Health and Safety
Teachers and group leaders/supervisors must review the following health and safety documents prior to visiting the centre.